Friday, May 11, 2012

Product Review: Elasta QP DPR


Elasta QP DPR-11 (Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer)



Cost: $7.49 (Beauty Supply Store)
Size: 16 oz
Scent: Fruity Peach Scent
Old Ingredients (This is the one I'm reviewing! Not to be confused with the one below.)

New Formulated (Haven't tried this one yet.)

What They Say: 11 plant extracts, essential oils and vitamins penetrate hair shaft.  Moisturizing emollients renew moisture depleted hair , giving strength and elasticity, peach blossom oil and vitamin e soothe the scalp.

What I Say:  I applied this to dry hair and noticed a difference immediately!  Very moisturizing.  To my  surprise it gave a good "slip" which made it really easy to comb and detangle the hair.  It is very thick which is perfect for BGS coarse hair.  It made the hair super soft and tangle free.  I will definitely continue to use this product and hope I can find it again since there is a new formula. I decided to use this DC during the winter months since it does a really good job at moisturizing.  Since it has dimethicone & petroleum in the ingredient list, I won't make it my staple DC but I'll definitely still use it since those two ingredients are near the bottom.

Ingredients:  Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocasyanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract in Purified Water/Aqua, Petrolatum, Cetyle Alcohol, Centrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl trimonium Chloride, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Neroli Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant)

Here are a few pics:


1st picture:
 After applying DPR
2nd picture: Wrapped with grocery bag and her satin cap for 15-20 mins
3rd and 4th picture: After removing bag
5th and 6th picture: Detangled and twisted for washing


**I give this product a 5 out of 5 Baby Curls**

No comments:

Post a Comment