Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Struggle: Hair Products

The past couple of months have been a struggle to find the "perfect" product combo or products at all for that matter.  My youngest daughter is only three and I have been thru a ton of products.  Throughout this process I have learned what her hair likes and dislikes!!! #atruejourney

A little background:  BG "M" hair can use most if not all and any products.  BG "S" hair on the other hand is protein and panthenol sensitive and acts funny with glycerine and MOST products have these ingredients.

To get an idea, here is a list of the brands I have purchased with my own money and tried.  The number beside the product line indicates how many products I have tried from that line.

Terressentials (1), JessiCurl (1), As I Am (2), Blended Beauty (5), Shea Moisture (14), Original Moxie (2), Alikay Naturals (3), Eden BodyWorks (4), HoneyChile Hair Love (2), Qhemet Biologics (7), B.A.S.K (2), Ynobe (5), Carol's Daughter (7), Darcy's Botanicals (6), Curls (3), Oyin (4), 4Naturals (1), Luv Naturals (3), Entwine Couture (3), Obia (4), Camille Naturals (2), Noire Naturals (3), Curly Q (3), Kinky Curly (3), Trader Joes (2), All Things Natural (3), KeraCare (2), Beautiful Textures (2), Taliah Waajid (2), Karen Body Beautiful (3), Herbal Essence (2), Uncle Funky's (1), Jane Carter (3), Koils by Nature (1), Reve Essentials (1), Giovanni (3), TresSemme (1), Bee Mine (1), Aubrey Organics (2), Eco Styler (2), Cara B (3), Dr. Miracles (1), Nothing But (1), Curl Junkie (3), MyHoney Child (1), JessiCurl (1) and more...


Here are a few pictures of just some of the products I have purchased...







So as you can see, I have a lot of product reviews to do, lol. I won't be doing reviews on some products because some products just didn't work, not any fault of the product but because they contained ingredients that her hair just didn't agree with, so in all fairness I won't post on them.  However, if you have a question about a product feel free to ask ;)

And just in case you're wondering, any products we disliked or couldn't find a permanent place for in our regimen we sold!!!

Stay Tuned...Product Reviews on the way and our newest staple products!



9 comments:

  1. I feel your struggles! Lil Sis' hair is also that way.. you can't just slap on any product on that Diva hair! Big Sis.. anything works.. I am thankful to God that I have to only deal with one "attitude" hair. LOL!

    http://youtube.com/DiscoveringNatural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad and Sad 'm not alone b/c I know what you're going thru. Lol @ only having to deal with one "attitude" hair! Any thing works on my oldest as well...I guess we can't have it all, lol!!!! To my surprise her hair is really loving B.A.S.K and TMN Botanical products at the moment, hoping to get our new staples down!

      Delete
  2. First of all.....WHERE HAVE I BEEN? I've been missing out on a really great blog.

    You have been really busy & spending a lot of money. I can totally relate. I used to be a product junkie when I first started because I had no idea where to begin. Hair typing was confusing and I didn't know what products worked for the proper textures. I now find that whole foods is my best friend as it relates to natural hair products. Bobeam Natural Hair Products is my major staple product alone with Kinky Curly Knot Today, Shea Moisture, & Koils by Nature. I really enjoy your photo's & reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ^_^ . Yes I have, the amount of money spent on hair products is embarrassing. My biggest challenge came after combing out BG "S" locs. I've come across Bobeam (which is your favorite, I may have to try them out.

      Delete
    2. I just realized who you were after I clicked your profile, your blog was actually one of the first blogs I ran across and often checked before I began blogging. I just became an official follower :) I also noticed we're in the same area.

      Delete
  3. I can't afford to spend money trying different products. I found that Shea Moisture has worked well on my daughter's hair, as well as cocunut oil, jojoba oil and shea butter. Is there any other product you would recommend? She's got three different textures of hair on her head. The top is thick, soft and curly. The sides are very fine but still soft and curly, and the back is just plain kinky and thin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand! Shea Moisture is a great line and one of the first I've tried...some things worked well and some things didn't! I really can't say what would work best in her hair type without knowing more info but I will certainly recommend Cara B Naturally which is a great kids line that is affordable and easily accessible. Blended Beauty/Cutie is also another great kids line but a little on the higher end and have to be ordered online. Have you tried SM Kids Line? Feel free to email me if you have additional questions or would like more assistance. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you think of the BeeMine Products? I just visited their website and was reading up on the list of products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I only tried the Curly Butter and it didn't work for us but they have great reviews. I actually just discovered that my youngest daughter's hair doesn't like products with shea butter in it if it has to remain in the hair (i.e. leave-ins, styling aids, hair milks, etc)

      Delete