Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homemade Whipped Hair Butter

Homemade Whipped Hair Butter

This was my first attempt at making a Homemade Whipped Hair Butter.  I absolutely love it, not to mention it is cost effective. It leaves the hair unbelievably soft and manageable.  Not to mention its perfect for dry hair.  I use this as a sealant and a styler.

**I keep all products in the fridge when not being used**

My Whipped Hair Butter Recipe 
8 oz Unrefined Shea Butter 1/2 cup Aloe Vera Juice (optional)
1/2 cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 1 tbsp Jojoba Oil 1 tbsp Sweet Almond Oil 1 tbsp Castor Oil 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/8 essential oil for fragrance (optional) drop of honey (optional-acts as humectant)

2013 Update: I use variations of this recipe, I swap oils using only our favorites or currents and sometimes eliminate the use of AVJ/AVG to avoid having to store it in the fridge.


Consistency: Creamy Texture

Texture of Whipped Hair Butter
 after being taken out from the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment