Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is My Hair Too Tight?

After a few days passed from styling BG S's hair in flat twist, I began to notice these tiny red bumps along the edges of her hair.  Although I didn't twist tightly, I am learning that BG-S and BG-M have very sensitive scalps' and cannot take much pulling if any at all.  I tend to stay away from larger ponytails and other hairstyles that requires a lot of gathering due to their hair sensitivity.  Since I moisturize the hair daily, I am always on the lookout for signs of stress.  After noticing the bumps, I gave the hair relief by taking the style out.


Note to Self: Signs of these bumps are a definite red flag, even if the style doesn't hurt.


If you see either red or white bumps on the scalp, take the hairstyle out immediately to relieve any tension.  The bumps should go away on their own in a few days or so.


Pictures from the Flat Twist Style

No comments:

Post a Comment