Friday, August 3, 2012

Product Review: Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque


Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

Cost: $9.99 (Target/Walgreens)
Size: 12 oz
Scent: Strong
Consistency: Rich Creamy

What They Say:
Our all-natural intense treatment masque deeply penetrates to moisturize and repair over-processed, dry, brittle or damaged hair. Sea kelp trace minerals detoxify hair follicles of impurities and residue. Argan oil restores shine and rebuilds hair elasticity. Shea butter deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to hair and scalp.

What I Say:
This is a oldie but goodie and I am finally getting around to doing a review!  This was one of the first products I used when I started BG "S" healthy hair journey.  When I first began using this product, I used it as a styling product to do two-strand twists on slightly damp hair.  As a styling cream, this stuff is A-mazing, it absorbs nicely into the hair, it is unbelievably moisturizing and it makes the hair super soft.  The scent is strong, so if you are sensitive to smells this product probably won't work for you.  It wasn't until recently that I used this product as a deep conditioner.  As a deep conditioner, I wasn't exactly blown away.  I didn't notice much if any difference in the hair other than a nice sheen added to the hair after rinsing the product out.  This product is great if used as a styling creme but not so great if used as a deep conditioning treatment. I will not be using this product as a deep conditioner but as a styler.  A little goes a long way so the product last a long time!

Ingredients:
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Argan Oil , Vegetable Glycerin , Emulsifying Wax , Sea Kelp Extract , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Essential Oil Blend , Avocado Oil , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Hyssopus Officinalis Extract , Salvia Officinalis Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract (Sage) , Soybean Oil , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot)


**** I give this product a 4.5 out of 5 Baby Curls****

No comments:

Post a Comment