Thursday, May 17, 2012

Protective Style Challenge: Flat Twists in front w/ Two Strand Twists


Beads, Braids & Beyond Protective Style Challenge

Week 3: Flat Twists in Front w/ Two-Strand Twists


I washed, conditioned, moisturized and banded BGS hair in the morning and styled it in the afternoon. I decided to try a "new" product (Kinky Curly Curling Custard-KCCC) to do both the flat twists and the two strand twists.  The hair was already nicely moisturized, so I began by spritzing the hair with a mixture of KCKT and distilled water, applied the KCCC and began twisting (the picture in the top left-hand corner is the hair with the product).  The hair was nice and shiny after twisting on wet hair.  The next morning after the hair had dried, BGS hair looked nice but it wasn't really moisturized which is a big "no-no" for BGS's hair.  I didn't experience any crunchiness like others have complained about.  The KCCC review will be coming soon, it did okay but I can't say that I was completely blown away, I get better moisture from SM Curling Souffle.

Other Products Used: Pre-Poo (Coconut Oil) | Washed (SM Moisture Retention Shampoo) | Conditioned (Curls Coconut Sublime Conditioner) | Leave-In (Kimmaytube w/ Giovanni Direct) | Moisturize (Cara B Moisturizing Mist-Daily) | Seal (Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey) 

No comments:

Post a Comment