Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Quick & Simple Style for Toddler (Chunky Cornrows)


BG "S" started Summer Camp at her new school this week (Yippee...) and I wanted to do an easy style for the week.  Not to mention after taking down her mini braids I needed a quick style for my sanity, lol.  My first thought was to do flat twists but since her hair is sooo thick and I didn't feel like doing them small I opted to do chunky cornrows (I'm not a pro at doing cornrows since I don't do them often, this is literally my 4th time cornrowing her hair).  So let's get to it...

I prepoo'ed with Coconut Oil, washed with SM Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo and deep conditioned with Miss Jessie's Sweetback Treatment (review coming soon).  I then applied Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Softening Serum, followed by Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (reviews coming soon) and then banded.

SN: This was the second time around doing this style since on her very first day at summer camp, she came home with a head full of sand! o_O (The joys of motherhood, our work is never done!)  The second time around I co-washed with Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner (review coming soon).
Taking a walk after banding in the warm weather to speed up the drying process


This style is holding up nicely and most of the ends are protected.  An easy style in is an easy style out!

1 comment:

  1. We've had our share of "sand in the hair", hence why I am not a big fan of the beach. By the way, what do you use for Deep Conditioning? - discoveringnatural.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete